2. Adding Animations with sound and timing
You have animated objects in PowerPoint before. Here you will do as before, but add some extra techniques to improve the animation..
Adding Animations and Sound! Go Full Screen to see in greater detail?
View the Movie to see how to add animations and sound to events.
Many of the movies have been made on an Apple Computer. PowerPoint on a PC is a little different.
Adding Animation on a PC
- Follow the Path shown in the screen shot - make sure you go to the right menu.
- Clicking on Custom Animation will open on the right hand of your screen a list of Animation Effects. - this is similar to the Apple one shown in the video.
Experiment with some of the Options
- Choose some different effects to see what they look like.
- Look at the Direction settings and see what options are available.
- You can even control the speed of the animation.
You can also control the order of the animations, by dragging them up and down the list. Ones at the top will occur first.
And you can decide when they will happen.
- If you double click on the transition a whole range of opportunities open up.
- The Timing option is the most important as you can really control how long animations take.
- Either when someone clicks on the slide. ie. On Click
- Or, After Previous ie. when another event has finished; or
- With Previous ie. at the same time as another event.
What you have to do!
- Insert the sims_logo.gif into your first slide.
- Position it roughly in the same place shown in the video.
- Animate the logo using the Magnify effect.
- Change the Speed of the animation to 4 seconds.
Add a Sound - theme_short.wav - to go with the animated effect of the logo.
Change the Start to After Previous and test your slide.
- On a PC double click on the animation effect to get access to timing options.
Mark Off Exercise 2 in your Progress Grids.
What you should be able to do at the end!