4. Yet More Animation Practice
In the following exercise, you'll add the names to each character, attach a sound to the name and place a delay on each animation to allow each animation to complete before the next one starts.
Notice that each character's name has been created in Fireworks. Which font has been used do you think?
Adding More Animations and Sound! Go Full Screen to see in greater detail?
View the Movie to see how to add Homer's name, sound file and the delay.
Many of the movies have been made on an Apple Computer. PowerPoint on a PC is a little different.
Adding Animation Effects on a PC
This should be familiar to you from the last exercise. Remember ...
Make sure you have select the object you want to add an effect to
- Choose from the Slide Show menu Custom Animation.
- Choose Add Effect Entrance.
- Choose from the available effects or if necessary choose More Effects.
About Adding Sound and Changing the Timing on a PC
- In most cases, you'll want to change the Start to After Previous. - if you remember this makes sure that the animation will begin after the previous on has finished.
- To Add Sound move your mouse pointer over the object and Double Click.
- Choose one of the sound effects or scroll to the bottom of the sound effects and select Other Sound...
- Navigate to where the sound file is stored. Select it and choose OK.
To change the timing of the animation click on the timing tab.
- You can add a delay of 0.5 seconds in the same way shown in the video OR you can;
- Customise the speed at which animations occur by clicking in the Speed Option. Delete whatever time is there and typing your preferred speed in. The Timing options show an extremely slow time of 9 seconds.
What you have to do!
- Insert the HOMER.gif into your first slide.
- Position it roughly in the same place shown in the video.
- Animate Homer's name using the Sling effect.
- Add a delay of 0.5 Seconds to the animation.
- Add a Sound to Homer's name using - homer_beer.wav
- Do the same for each of the Simpsons characters making sure you use the right names and sound for each character.
Mark Off Exercise 4 in your Progress Grids.
What you should be able to do at the end!